Friday, October 12, 2007

Brave!


sleepin' like a baby

Okay, so I really was brave last night as I left my child in her room, in her crib all night long! Whew...it took a lot for me, but she's alive and ready to tell about it this morning! I know that Charlie has really been wanting this day for a lot longer than I...truly who can blame him. He does have to get up and go to work in the morning, but it's not like he doesn't sleep through 90% of our evening routines!!



We hooked up the baby monitor for the first time and put it to use. So now I had a new obsession...instead of just lying near her listening to the sounds and wondering if she's choking...now I got to do it in stereo! I think I was so tired that I managed to not freak-out too much and fell asleep after only a few minutes of intent listening to my end of the walkie talkie.



Sophia is also moving into sleeping for 4 hours at a time...this is the best news of all. It is helpful to me after our long feeding routine to be able to get between 2-3 hours of sleep now instead of my usual 1-2. I do hope this pattern continues. Although she is still in her cluster-feeding act at night, this too shall pass (hopefully!) Last night she wanted to feed every hour from 8 pm to 1 am. So I finally got to bed about 2. Yipee. But this is where that four hour thing comes in real handy!

PS...oh, and for those of you clucking your tongues at the above pictures, I did move her to her back once again...but she likes to wiggle and roll!

No comments: