Friday, October 19, 2007

No Baby Cousin!

Aunt Chris with Sophia


Blackmail at its best!


Okay, so I'm a little behind because these pics are from last Sunday, but I'm workin' on it! Our niece, Julie, who is two was asked by her parents if she wanted to visit her new baby cousin, Sophia. She was quite sure she absolutely did not and was sure to exclaim, so there was no confusion on the matter, "No Baby Cousin!" Now, was this no, as in no I do not want to visit, or was it a no that meant she hoped that baby cousin would actually cease to exist?? I'm still not sure. But what I am sure about is that Julie wants nothing to do with Sophia.



During their visit, Julie was happy to socialize, play and talk to everyone else. Amazingly she didn't even really get upset when her mom held Baby Cousin, but each time she looked at her or someone made reference to Sophia, Julie would scowl. It was priceless, really. She all out refused to touch her, look at her, and holding her was completely out of the question. So, like any loving adult, we waited until Julie was asleep and set her up for some blackmail pics! They are too funny!



Chris and Oli are trying to prepare Julie to become a big sister in March...! I'm sure she will take much more kindly to her little sibling than she has to Baby Cousin, but we'll let them use Sophia for practice any day! Good luck, Guys!

No comments: