Christmas Eve was quite busy! We hosted dinner at our house and invited everyone! This is the day in pictures, which there are many, but few words so that should make you happy!

hard at work rolling balls into strings

Matching aprons help us cook better

Sophia insisted on making candy cane cookies for Santa. I'm not really sure why she got this hair in her head, I mean she does like candy canes, but I wasn't thrilled with the idea. BUT, in the spirit of Christmas and all...Anyway, after about 4 cookies she was over it and didn't want to have to roll any more out. Luckily I had only made one batch so I finished, with my supervisor watching over me, fairly quickly. They tasted pretty good but next year I might add a bit of peppermint extract along with the crushed candy canes.
AND, just for the record, we had just come home from the gym, so forgive my totally haggard appearance!

Here are the 3 attempts at trying to take a picture of my children. UGH!
Is it so hard to
not look stoned and to stay still...?! Apparently.


Later everyone started arriving. I was prepared with an abundance of food!

the kids hovered closely to the candy bowls, of which there were many, and so can blame them!

and here they gather to nosh some more! Included were stuffed mushrooms, various cheeses, mini pigs in a blanket, veggies and baked brie

I had to take a picture of the brie, it was so pretty!

Cooper and Leo play a duet

Leo and Cathy getting some chili and other bites

Our friend Jason and his boys, Trevor,
Cayden, and Alex

Cathy and Sue

Meredith and Stacy

Cooper is so cute, he just can't be a Scrooge!

The
Owsley Fam
Tired me and my big bro

Anne and Sophia, who has now changed into a
tu-
tu!

two red-clad Divas!

leaving a trail of reindeer food to the chimney

What, Mom? You seem sort of angry that I'm on my 10
th candy cane?

opening presents on Christmas Eve...what could it be?

leaving cookies for Santa, out of the reach of Walter!

Our new Christmas
Jammies, that's what we opened!

One last snuggle before we're off to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment