Lisa and Isaac invited us to join them at the Paul Messner Puppets to see Go, Dog, Go. This has been one of Sophia's all time favorite books, like one of those books that we had to read again, and again, and again until you wanted to claw your eyes out, you know the ones. Anyway, the show was magnificent, adorable, fun, and we can't wait to go back. They also sell (although we scored ours for free thanks to Lisa!) puppet making kits to take home and Sophia just had to have one! She couldn't wait to make her dog puppet and even took it to bed with her that night! She did all the cutting herself, I was very impressed, and I think it's a great idea to keep the creativity and learning going at home! After the show we headed to Crown Center to eat at Fritz's. Of course the kids loved that and even got a ride on the locomotive!
The rest of the season at this theatre looks interesting too so we may have to go back. I wasn't brave enough to take Leo on this outing though, so thankfully he had some play time with Bama. I think he'd like the show and would probably pay attention to most of it, but the audience was a bit rowdy and I think that would push him over the edge and there would be no way he could concentrate and would then be loud and restless. So, I guess we'll see about him, not sure when I'll take him. Although, the next show, a nativity show, apparently uses 8 foot tall puppets...we may just have to check that out!
No comments:
Post a Comment