Saturday, August 28, 2010

Potty Like a Rock Star

I've been hesitant to post any updates and therefore cause a jinx, but I actually think we might be in the clear (knock on wood! Just in case!) so here's an update on Sophia's potty training progress...


We started two Mondays ago where we had a few accidents the first day followed by one or no accidents the following days. By Thursday of that week she was accident free. By Friday she was taking herself to the potty and declaring that she could do it herself, thank you very much. By Tuesday of this week she was napping in her panties totally accident free. She is still wearing a pull up to bed at night. Some mornings she wakes up dry, others a little wet, and still others... a lot wet. I'm not worried about overnight so much, it's actually going in a much better direction than I expected. So, basically, I have a potty trained child. She knows when she has to go (which is surprisingly not very often) and just goes. She loves wearing panties and has showed them to everyone, appropriate or not, whatever, it's just exciting! ;) We're really proud of her and I feel good that I waited until the time was right for her and she just caught on and rolled with it, no tears or bribery. Before the panties, I was worried that it would be a lot harder than diapers, but really, I think we both appreciate the freedom!

No comments: