So, I'm hoping that this is just a phase and not a personality trait, but I'm not so sure. Sophia is in a very contrary stage right now and it's all I've got to not loose it! EVERYTHING that we say is incorrect, wrong, ridiculous, and not even a little bit true. For example, we were driving yesterday and Sophia asked if I had seen the kid on the bike I replied no, because in fact I hadn't seen it. Very adamantly from the backseat came her insisting that I did see it...no I didn't...yes you did..! You get the idea. Most of the time I just give up and let her roll with it but inside I'm annoyed. Please tell me this will stop??! Or is she me?? ;) Other than that, we are really happy with her creativity and outgoingness lately. She is really getting good at being silly and understanding jokes. She loves to play games and she is becoming even better at keeping herself entertained (she's always been pretty good at that, though). She is still a great big sister and always concerned about Leo. She's not a great sharer of toys, but that will come in time (or else!) and she loves to play with him and snuggle him.
Leo on the other hand has entered the destruct-o phase of life. He has now discovered how toilet paper unrolls, tissue endlessly pops up and the grand allure of the bathroom cabinets. If he's in a room for a few minutes it looks as if a tornado has hit it with play food, puzzle pieces, books, and toys everywhere! I still continue to be worried (paranoid or not, I'm truly not sure) that he isn't hitting his developmental milestones. I mean he's very happy and his gross motor skills are good, but his fine motor skills aren't that great and he is not interested in reading books at all. He literally just wants to crawl around, take stuff out and put stuff in his mouth. I try and sit with him and play games, but he's not into it. Charlie tells me it's just him "being a boy" but it doesn't ease my mind. He doesn't really wave, I don't think he has any clue on pointing and I feel like with only a little over a month left until his 1st birthday he has so much yet to accomplish. On the up side, he does seem to be pretty verbal. He babbles constantly and enjoys hearing himself talk! He uses lots of different sounds and says Mama all the time, but only says Dada occasionally. Sometimes it sounds as if he's trying to repeat words we tell him but he does things so inconsistently that I never know if he's "learning" or if it's just a fluke. I know I'm a worrier and you all probably think I'm nuts, but I do worry about him.
We're getting so close to both their birthdays and I just can't believe that another year has gone by so quickly! It's both exciting and worrisome, (as I mentioned!! ;) but I do love the time I get to spend with them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, just passing along some encouragement. Looking back over the past 5 years, Carl and I agree that 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 was our hardest time with Lily. It was a BATTLE, but all parties came out on the other side relatively unscathered. Luckily, there are always some brief moments of pure cuteness to get you through until the next hair-pulling moment.
Post a Comment