In a wrap-up regarding my surgery I should just say that all the hype was true...getting your tonsils out as adult is the worst time of your life. I'm still in recovery mode and it's been 11 days. Prior to this surgery I would have said that I had a fairly high pain tolerance...but uh, now I'm not so sure. Yesterday was the first day that I took zero pain medication. I think that may be what made it so hard was the fact that it was in my mouth (some may argue the center of my existence) but that's sort of the focal point of my day, especially with two babies running around! My tongue, way in the back, hurt worse than my throat most days and I can only image it was because they had to crank down on it so hard to steer clear of it during surgery, but that was what caused most of my swallowing issues. In the end, I can only hope that it lives up to it's claim of keeping me more well, because it was hell, and that is no joke. Each day I wake up feeling a little bit better, today being the best by far. I hope that by early next week I'm back to my old self, and until then I'm just going to continue faking it until I make it, cuz that's what I have to do.
So here's a little of what we've been up to during my recovery days...it's a bit of a long journey, you might even say the long post to end all long posts, so read on my friends! :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My friend, Julie, gave birth to beautiful baby Francesca! She is such a little doll and really is a spitting image of big brother, Massimo. Mom and baby came out of surgery very well and hopefully they will head home tomorrow!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally was able to head out and check out our garden and it continues to amaze me how well it is thriving! We have a few jalapenos, and we're hoping that the banana and red peppers aren't far behind. There are two little tomatoes growing (by the way are 'green tomatoes' just tomatoes that aren't yet ripe? cuz I was thinking about making some friend green tomatoes but really wasn't sure!!) on the tomato plant that was a starter plant so I think the others that we grew from seed aren't far behind. The zucchini plants, as you can see, are wild and crazy! I think they killed the strawberry plants :( but are sure to produce quite a few fruits. There are a bunch of blossoms, so it's only a matter of time...send your tried and true zucchini recipes our way!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Walter news, he has been a bit under the weather himself lately. We're really not sure what's wrong with him actually and he's had to have a number of tests run. The latest, a round of x-rays, showed that his small intestines are actually pushed all the way back to the rear of his abdomen, which is what was probably causing his vomiting. The million dollar question, however, is why/how did it get there???? We'll probably have to take him to a specialist next week. His regular vet was out of town and hasn't yet seen the x-rays, so we're awaiting a call from her on Monday. Yes, we are those people that take our dog to a specialist, so don't judge! I'm really beginning to get a bit worried about him, so all of you dog people out there, say a little prayer for our fuzzy baby!
1 comment:
Sorry you're still not feeling better. :(
Great news about Julie's little girl!
Sorry to hear about Walter. I will say a fuzzy prayer for him and I certainly won't judge you for taking him to a specialist.
Post a Comment