Sunday, August 9, 2009

Funny Things











So life goes on in our house as I try to be less stressed and more "Zen"! Ha! I appreciate every one's support and words of encouragement! It really did make me feel better and help to put things in perspective. Things in the sleeping category have been better the last few days, so I'm hopeful that they continue to rise!



I thought that since my last few posts were full of angst, I should include some funny things that have been going on here lately!


I'll start with myself...I was driving to the doctor's office on Wednesday and from my peripheral I noticed a car that kept creeping in and out of my vision. I finally looked over and there is a guy who's mouthing 'hellos' and 'hi's' at me and then gave a short little wave. My first thought, literally, was "Oooh, I need to shower more often!" and then I thought, " Oh poor guy, he doesn't know the half of it!" Although my husband makes me feel beautiful and special all the time, I must say a little ogling felt pretty good, even if it was from a creepy highway driver!


Since Sophia is much funnier than I, she gets most of the recognition here...Enjoy some of the stories from the last few weeks.


* She now must spit out water and toothpaste when she brushes her teeth. It's very funny and is more messy than functional.

*She still loves to read, but in true Sophia form, she directs how I must do it. If I try and put the book on the table, she instructs me to do it with "two hands, Mommy."

*She is getting more talkative on the phone, but is still much more so on her play phone. She calls everyone and goes on and on about all kinds of things. She often says things like "Hi. How are you? I great!"

*She is very into pretend play with her dolls. This kid loves dolls, much more than I ever did! She loves to give them baths, put them on the potty, take them all around, etc. She also says the funniest things to them like, "No jumping on stairs, Belinda." and "I have to go change Calli's poopies now." She feeds them, pats them and even tells them "Mommy got you" It is really precious to watch, and very eye opening for sure! ;)

* She is very into coloring and drawing and likes to write her name. She of course just scribbles and what-not but she tries to say the letters of her name as she does it. She gets most of them.

* Every morning when Charlie leaves he of course showers us with goodbye hugs and kisses. The other day, just after he left, I went to change her diaper and as she was laying there she looked at me and said, "I want to kiss more lips." Then she puckered up.

* Someone recently asked Sophia if she wanted a baby brother or a baby sister. Sophia replied with, "I want fruit snacks."

* I often tell Sophia that I love her very much. Recently I said, "I love you Sophia." She looked at me and said, "much." Uh, yes.

* My belly button usually pops out later in the evening after a full day of being on my feet and eating. The first time Sophia saw it she was very upset and declared my belly button broken. Now she often checks to see what state it's in and if it's "broken" she tries to push it back in.

* Another morning on the changing table, where apparently great revelations are made, Sophia looked at me and said, "I'm the princess." I said "You're the princess?" "Mmmm, hmmm" Glad we have that covered. No question who's in charge around here!

* Charlie took Sophia to the pool recently and she jumped in from the side all by herself! She did not hold on to his hands, just squatted and jumped! Aaaaaah! She was so proud of herself and this game kept her entertained for a long time!
* Whenever I tell Sophia that we're going to church, she immediately puts her finger to her lips and says, "Shhhhhhhh." I only wish she took her own advice, but at least she knows the drill!
* We pulled into my brother's driveway yesterday and very excitedly Sophia exclaimed, "Hannah's house!" Hannah is the dog.

2 comments:

Carolyn Zook said...

I love these stories! "Fruit snacks" and "I love you...much" were my favorites! Of course, not much beats you being given "the eyes" on the highway! :)

Cody Jones said...

It's so fun to be around all of you and all of the "sophia-isms." They really do make the day fun.