Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Milestones

Hello, faithful Bloggers! I first must apologize for my serious lack of posts lately, but now that we have a crawler on our hands, our life is a different story all together! Sophia is officially on the go! A few weeks ago we dropped her off at Grandma Sue's and she took her first crawling "step". She actually moved each knee one time! I figured that by the time we got back from dinner, she'd be taking Grandma on a tour around the house, but in fact, she didn't. I think that because she had carpet, and all we have is hard woods, it was way easier for her to get started but it still took her another 5 days before she actually crawled again, and since then she has become increasingly more adept at both moving around and creating havoc!



This is actually pre-crawl mode. Fav. Uncle Stacy really tried coaxing her, but she did the belly flop instead.


Now that she can crawl, she can reach all kinds of forbidden fruits...her favorites include Walter's toys and magazines.

See ya later, Mom!


Ah, and finally, teething...that was the other milestone. Crawling also enables her to access lots more things to chew on...again, favorites include Walter's toys, magazines, and the glass table top! Since this picture we have actually purchased a "cover" for the edges of a coffee table. It looks more like a table diaper and I don't think it's going to last long the way she pulls on it and plays with it!

Her bottom tooth (her left) finally popped up enough to be seen and then on Saturday I noticed the second bottom tooth poking through. She didn't seem to have too much trouble with that one, but I think another one is on it's way because she's been fussy the past two days, so we'll see! I have tried those Homeopathic Teething Tablets that I've heard lots of people rave about, and I must say, they do seem to work very well! They don't actually dissolve in her mouth, which is fine b/c she'd just spit them out, so I crush them up and shoot them in with the Motrin syringe. I love that thing! It comes in handy for lots of things besides Motrin!

Now that she crawls, she is really more interested in learning how to pull up and walk. She's getting the hang of it, but isn't all the way there. So far she's trying to use her abs and sheer will to just pull herself upright and hasn't quite figured out how to use her legs to push just yet.

The first video is just cute. It shows mostly her stubborn behavior as she's just toying with me, but it's pretty adorable. The second video shows some serious crawling action! And...an added bonus...you get to see the table diaper up close and personal! How hideous!


No comments: