Okay, so to add insult to injury my child has given my boob an infection! As if we didn't have enough trouble breastfeeding, we have this to add to the mix! Sheesh. Yesterday I awoke to a very painful sensation in my left breast. It hurt...not sore, but pain, in addition to the fever, aches and pains and all around yucky feeling. After a trip to the doctor, I started my antibiotics but I am still going through waves of feeling okay and feeling like complete dirt with a fever that comes and goes as it pleases.
Sophia (like all babies) carries a staph bacteria in her stomach that can pass through sores into my blood stream. When this happens an infection occurs. So I am still able to nurse and pump because she's the one who gave it to me, but it's just a little more painful. I did hear about a doctor out of Canada today who is some guru about breastfeeding and apparently he has the recipe for a cream that will cure my sores so this hopefully won't happen again. We take her to the doctor on Friday so I'll ask them to write me a Rx for it.
And finally, for those of you keeping track...I now smell like maple syrup. It's a good thing she's so cute, otherwise I might have given up by now! Charlie however if fascinated my by mapley scent and wishes to market Fenugreek as an herbal deodorant that's safe for the environment, we'll let you know where you can all buy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Its okay, i don't mind if you smell like Maple Syrup. :-)
Post a Comment