Monday, July 22, 2013

Fourth of July Part 2!


Fireworks!!
Not sure why these posted first, but whatever!  I tried getting some fun shots with my phone and they turned out pretty good!

Sarah, Mom and Sophia

The girls with Grandma Mary

Meredith made Rocket Dogs!!

So cute and yummy!!!

what a good little baker she is!! ;)



Leo was WAY excited to have some of America's birthday cake


Meredith is a woman who appreciates my craziness and she made the cake I was dying to make!  It turned out so cute and she really did a great job!

Mommy and Daughter

Mommy and daughter!






After the pool we headed to Mer's for a cookout and a birthday party for America.  That morning when I was trying to talk Leo into wearing his flag t-shirt is went like this:

Mom: Leo this is the shirt I picked out
Leo: I don't want that shirt.  I want to pick out my own shirt.
Mom: You can pick out your shorts, I picked out your shirt today.
Leo: But I don't want to wear that.
Mom: (almost exasperated) but Leo, it's America's birthday can't you just wear it??
Leo: (suddenly very perked up) Birthday??!
Mom: Yes, there will be cake.
Leo: Okay mom, I'll wear it!

After dinner we popped some popcorn and headed out to see the show!  It was a great show in Paola and the kids loved it!  Leo wanted to watch the fireworks in his pajamas so we figured that was fine.  Afterward we headed home but they were too jazzed up to fall asleep on the ride.

No comments: