For years, Charlie and I have been debating on remodeling or moving. We went back and forth and looked a few houses and neighborhoods, but really I just did not want to move...but on the other hand, Charlie had bought our house just a few months before we met and had I been involved, we probably never would have bought this house. I'm so fickle.
In the end, we felt remodeling was our best choice financially and physically, meaning I am not ready to move further away from my mother and brother. :) It's nice having family so close and the only thing better would be to have my brother actually move onto our block.
Anyhow, we all know that when I commit to something, I go full force...the same applies to remodeling. We are making our main floor an open floor plan which means we have to remove a load bearing wall. That is the hard part. I meant to add "before" pictures but forgot, so you just get the "during". When the project is complete (and God help me, the sooner the better) I will post befores and afters.
 |
| This is the entry way looking into the kitchen. |
 |
| living and dining. The half torn out wall is the load bearing one |
 |
| kitchen into dining |
 |
| we moved the sliding glass door from the kitchen into the dining room |
 |
| here's the window they had to remove to move the door |
 |
here is my laundry/kitchen area in the basement
utility sink for dishes
old changing table for dish rack |
 |
fridge and stove
Thank goodness they at least hooked up our stove!
The rest of our make-shift kitchen is in the family room, I'll have to get a picture of that. |
 |
Here you can see the door on the far wall and the wall from behind the stove is now gone.
They boarded the door b/c there is no deck there (yet...we will have to extend our current deck) and they have met Leo. |
 |
| We are adding a fireplace to the living room |
 |
| Walter just doesn't know what to make of all this but he's happy to get cooled by the fan! |
No comments:
Post a Comment