Charlie and I celebrated 8 great years on February 26! Our anniversary was a little different than we had planned, but it the end it was perfect! Since it happened during a major snowstorm we had kinda figured that our original (and not so grandiose as they were anyway) plans were out. Sadly Charlie did have to go to work that day even though I was really hoping (not to mention begging and pleading ;) that he stay home. I mean, it seemed everyone else in the darn city was taking the day off, why can't he! Sigh. I guess the rest of the county, not covered in snow, still needed their medicine. Plus, Mom who had been snowed in and suffering in her colder than normal house, was ready for a little adult interaction so Charlie picked her up before work and delivered her to us.
For dinner I made Chicken Cacciatore, which is the first meal I ever cooked Charlie...so he likes to call it Chicken Catch-a-Charlie. Tee hee :) 8.5 years ago I slaved in the kitchen all day making it just perfect, this time I modified it and threw it into the crock pot...ha! Oh the difference a few years makes! I also made some brownies for dessert, had wine for the grown ups and sparkling cider for the kiddos. We ate under candlelight, which the kids thought was super awesome! They were really adorable about it actually!
Charlie dropped mom back home after dinner and we snuggled on the couch after the kids went to bed. We have found it kind of fun to do the "traditional" gifts each year and this year the gift was bronze...hmmm. After struggling with bronze as a theme we decided that since I got "bronzed" in Mexico, that was our anniversary present, so it worked out great!
1 comment:
Happy (almost month late) anniversary! Sounds like a super cute date (I laughed at Chicken - Catch - A - Charlie!). :)
Post a Comment