 |
| Look at the pure face of excitement! |
 |
| hard to see, but an equally smiley face on this one too! |
 |
| there they go! |
 |
| and here they come! |
 |
| Daddy's turn! |
 |
| Leo usually needed some help back up |
 |
| Sarah's turn! |
 |
| taking a mid-hill rest |
 |
| Jacob considering his next move |
 |
| whoooosh |
 |
| This is Leo as he literally slid right under my camera from atop the hill |
 |
| Mer's turn! |
 |
| and we're coming back up...again |
 |
| Silly group shot! |
 |
| Leo refused any more pictures |
 |
| family shot...why oh why can't we all look happy at once?! At least we're all together! :) |
Thus far, the kids' sledding experiences have consisted of the very small bunny hill we create in our front yard onto the driveway. It works for us and enables us to have fun without having to leave the house, which has been perfect lately since I wasn't about to go anywhere on the roads during a snow storm anyway! But, we decided it was time to take on the big hill! One of my favorite memories from when Charlie and I were dating was a night during a snow storm that we decided to head out and go sledding about 10:30 at night. We had such a great time and it's fun to share that joy with the kids.
Charlie managed to find the last two sleds Toys R Us had to offer (we already had 2 saucers though) and the kids were thrilled to have inflatable tubes. Leo's just happens to be the fastest darn tube I've ever seen. That combined with the fact that he really is just a little guy (comparatively speaking) he flew, and I mean flew, down those hills. He only had one major wipe out, that we thought would result in a black eye but luckily didn't.
Sophia is our little daredevil and didn't have one qualm about tackling any of those hills on any sled in any condition! Once she caught sight of the even bigger hill (hard to believe, I know) she was all over it. This hill was covered in moguls and she bounced her way down at top speeds. The video of just her is on that hill...for some reason I couldn't seem to move it so it's floating in the middle of the post.
The other video is the same one I posted on FB but it shows just how fast and exciting sledding can be! Charlie and I are already talking about which sleds we need to start looking at for next year! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment