Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snow Day??

There has been talk this week of snow. Sophia caught wind of such talk and has been non stop asking about it. Of course, not knowing whether the weather man will be accurate or not, we didn't have much to tell her. Regardless, last night she wore her snowman nightgown to bed to inspire Mother Nature to deliver. I was awakened this morning with Sophia bounding into my bedroom excitedly yelling, Mommy! It snowed, it snowed, it SNOWED! This is what it looked like outside....




Um, yeah...quite a performance for such a lackluster snowfall, right?! Here's how the subsequent conversations went...






Sophia: Mommy! Can we go out and build a snowman?



Me: Ummm, Sophia, there's really not enough snow for that.



Sophia: Yes there is, Mommy.



Me: Well, not really Soph, sorry to disappoint you.



Sophia: Well, my brother and I will have a snowball fight then, okay?



Me: Sorry, Kid, there's not enough snow for that either.



Sophia: Well I will just make really tiny snowballs.



Me: Okay (exasperation setting in)



Sophia: Mommy, there's always enough snow to make snow angels anyway, so let's go outside. Okay?!



Me: Okay, Sophia, let's bundle up.



Sophia: Mommy? Can we go sledding too?



Me: insert banging head against wall



SNOW!!!
Really? We came out for this?

Inspired by Sophia's constant insistence, Leo tries to make a snowball


Sure that he's surely doing it wrong, Sophia gives it a try

resigned to sliding

and swinging

Leo entertained himself with brushing snow off the toy bin

Okay, this is maybe my new favorite picture! Precious!









Okay, so I know I'm new to this video thing, but I don't understand why it's sideways?? The other one wasn't, was it?? Ugh. This is the video of their "snowball fight". You can see that Sophia is doing most of the fighting and Leo is oblivious. I will try and load the other video (the best one!) of Sophia singing her winter song, but it's giving me issues!

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

I'd say come for a visit but we don't have much snow either! did have about a 4" drift in the driveway yesterday ;)