Sunday, October 30, 2011

Spooky Mood Food

With Halloween right around the corner and cooler temps moving in, I've been inspired to make some spooky foods to fit the mood!

we pressed out the biscuits and shaped them with a stem
added some pepperonis to make jack-o-lantern faces

while they baked, the kids went on a hay rack ride

and voila! Jack-o-Lantern pizzas for everyone! Yum!


we also made pumpkin and ghost shaped grilled cheese...the pumpkins had ham and cheese and the ghosts just cheese

Leo enjoyed dunking his ghost into some tomato soup!


another night I made pasta with a pumpkin cream sauce it was delish! Very fall and very festive! Sophia gobbled it up!

This morning Daddy felt inspired to make jack-o-lantern pancakes! He even added pumpkin puree to the batter and a strategically hid some M&Ms inside for a little Halloween treat!


these two didn't waste any time diving in!



Look forward to Monday's meal of Mummy Dogs, Halloween mac and cheese and caramel apples!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very cute - the pumpkin cream sauce sounds good!

Carolyn Zook said...

I wanna be a kid at your house.