So, okay, I need to be cynical for one minute here...pumpkin patches have become quite the scam in my opinion. I was not pleased with our recent visit, and haven't been the past year or two. Maybe it's just the patch we choose, which is a valid argument I think, I only go to this one for the cider donuts, and after this last visit I've decided that's all I'll be going there for in the future. The donuts were amazing. But, the patch sucked. Every single pumpkin in the field was rotted, but yet we had to pay $8 apiece just to walk through the gates. There was a short hay ride, which we didn't have to time to do b/c it took us so damn long to walk to the far ends of the fields just to find more rotted fruit. The only other "attraction" was this new slide that was set atop a man made hill of dirt. The slide itself was PVC or something and Leo came flying down so fast that he flew off the end and whacked his head...which could have easily been prevented by throwing some hay at the bottom! Sheesh! Anyway, we had to walk all the way back up to the front of the property, by the store, to pick out the two pumpkins, which were way overpriced, because the meltdown of all meltdowns would have happened had we chosen to leave without a pumpkin! I am looking forward to carving them though and at least we have that to look forward to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes - what an ordeal. Take the kids to Apple Holler. You know that never fails. :)
Post a Comment