Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Whole New Look

We finally got our house painted, and it's finally done! Of course as soon as we were scheduled the only rain of the summer started coming in full force...so we were delayed, but after 9 days of hard work from our crew...it looks beautiful!


Okay, so I forgot to take "before" pictures so here David has only done a little bit of the front, you still get the effect I think! ;) The white stuff in the pics is all primer, which was done by them, our house didn't look quite that bad!
Here's the back deck off the kitchen

and the rear of the house with the family room


AND...Drumroll Pleeeeeeeeease.....






Ta DA!!!!

Although we really do love the new look, we both realized how ready we are to see those front hedges seriously trimmed down! But other than that, we are totally happy with it (and we're hoping to get to the hedges this winter when the leaves are gone)!


Here's the front step. We got a new light fixture and our new storm door (with disappearing screen...woop woop!) will be here in another week.


the back of the house




We also chose to have the deck stained and it looks fab with the house color. Plus, I think it really makes our new sliding door pop! We got the door when we got the new windows last year but it looks even better now!


This little friend kept our painting crew company while they worked. He was there two mornings, hung out a while and then flew away...gorgeous! He's looking straight at the camera, it's a tiny bit fuzzy b/c I was trying to zoom in.



Since we had such a pretty new house, we needed a pretty lawn to go with it! Charlie did so much work on the yard last fall and it was doing great for most of the summer. But the heat of August just did us in and a lot of the yard died. :( So I verticut (with the help of our neighbor) the yard, raked it and helped Charlie fertilize and seed. We've already got some little sprouts coming up, so we're feeling good so far!

Leo was really into using the spreader and was oh so helpful, once I got him onto the grass anyway, but he was halfway down the block before I caught up to him.


Sophia, who takes after me, isn't much for yardwork, so she practiced writing with chalk. I demonstrated an S for her, but did her name all on her own. The P is hard to see but it's there!

let me at these weeds, Mom


Sophia does like pulling weeds so she happily directed the garden pruning and told her brother what to do, something else she likes to do!

ta-da!


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I know it totally makes us old, but I love home improvement projects! The house looks great!

Jill said...

Tell Charlie I appreciate the Jayhawk color scheme! ;) Looks great--you're really spiffying up the place!