Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Surfin' Safari!



the kids worked on their fish sun catchers, they were a big hit, especially the glitter paint


love this picture of mom and daughters!


Stacy and his kids too!


blowing out her candle! Yay for ice cream cake!


I don't know what she opened in this picture but her face is priceless! She was so sweet opening all the presents she was so gracious exclaimed that whatever it was was exactly what she ever wanted...multiple times. It was very cute!


I also loved this picture b/c it is so typical of present opening with a herd of kids surrounding her...funny!


why do I even bother with the family picture?!


Grandma lounging pool side


Bama and Cody hanging out


this is the only picture I managed to get of Sophia in the pool (with Emma) and it's still not very good! It was hard to capture water scenes :( because all the kids were having such a splashing good time!


Leo talked Daddy into shooting hoops...good thing Daddy is so strong!




Sophia's party was splashtacular! She's been really into "surfing" for a while now, I'm guessing it stems from her favorite Barbie movies and for a while she was insistent on getting an actual surf board for her present, but luckily I finally talked her out of that. She settled for a Dora kick board which she then used similarly to a surfboard and we were both happy with that, especially for $7.99 ;). We had her party at the Matt Ross Community Center, a place we frequent, and they have a great pool. We had 12 kids, including Sophia and Leo, which I thought was a good number. Thankfully I had many parent and family helpers otherwise I would have been a nervous wreck with all the paint and frosting and drinks and everything else! ;) For our crafts we painted fish sun catchers and then did a beach sticker scene, plus of course we had cake and opened presents. Then we all got to swim, swim, swim! It was hard to socialize in the pool, and hard to get pics, but fun was had by all, and that really is the most important thing! She is enjoying all her presents and loves to play with them each day. It's so hard to believe she's 4, she really is growing up so fast!

No comments: