Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Crappy Croup

Ugh. Leo has it again. He's been a bit coughy and what not since Saturday night/Sunday, but he had been helping us with yard work and at first I thought it might be his allergies acting up. After acting only a little bit puny yesterday I went ahead and put him to bed with the humidifier in full swing, as that usually helps a ton...but about 10 pm I heard this terrible sound coming from his room. When I went in he was very pathetically looking up at me, barely getting out 'mommy?' in between his gasps for breath. Although he wasn't blue, his breathing was very labored and I sent him to Children's Mercy with Charlie. Luckily it wasn't busy, they were seen right away and Leo got a strong dose of steroids. By the time they got home, I tucked him back in and he slept like a rock until 8:30 this morning. He's about to go down for a nap and I'll have to see how he does this time around. The hospital suggested that if he needed it to call our regular pediatrician for a steroid prescription but I'd like to see how nap time goes first.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Sheesh! I assume he's doing better? The girls had a breathing issue earlier in the summer (spring really) after they helped my parents with yardwork (child labor?!) because of potential mold in the mulch and what not. Something to look out for.

Tori said...

Oh interesting. Yes, I worried about allergies, but didn't even think about mold....just one more thing! ;)