Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rainforest Wonderland

Oh hey, Mom...don't mind me, I'm exploring
building bridges, not burning them



Three lovely girls in a gorilla nest


Sophia the Super Safari Girl


taking a closer look at plant and animal slides



using a pulley (with a little help from her friend) to climb into the trees


brushing up on some light reading




ready to craft


The Gang:

Massimo, Luca, Sophia, Isabelle, Emma, and Leo





We hit one of our favorite spots, Crown Center, for more fun! The rotating exhibit room was housing a Rainforest Adventure exhibit and it was way cool. There was lots to see and explore. The favorites were the magnifying glasses, binoculars, and official explorer vests. The pulley thing was cool and the gorilla nest was a bit hit with everyone. After exploring and lunch, we headed to Kaleidoscope, a free craft place run by Hallmark. It was my first time there since I was probably 5, no joke. To say it's changed a lot is an understatement!! You only get 40 minutes so you have to use your time wisely and although Sophia had fun, she didn't really get to do everything she wanted. Leo enjoyed it, but honestly, he just doesn't do crafts so much yet. I mainly had to monitor the destruction, thank goodness Mom had come along that day! He was really into this one part that had lights and buttons and sounds but that only lasts so long. He enjoyed coloring with markers, a novelty for us as I'd rather not bust out markers on a daily basis, but was definitely ready to hit the road at quittin' time. Sophia would have stayed, of course! She's very serious about her art! Maybe I can arrange a time to take her back by herself...we'll see! Between the rainforest and Kaleidoscope it was a full and colorful day!

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

Maren, too, is the art girl. Maybe it's the genes!