Saturday, July 30, 2011

Seussical the Musical







Mom and I took Sophia to Theatre in the Park this week to see Seussical the Musical. I was underwhelmed. I guess I was expecting a musical based on the works of Dr. Seuss to be sort of wild, crazy, funny, silly...but not so much. The sets were totally bland, the costumes were mediocre and Horton didn't have ears or a tail...I mean really??? Need we be that interpretive for a kid's play? The great revelation of the night was when Sophia looked at me and said, 'Mom, I don't think it's really them, I just think it's just people dressed up like them.'


Anyway, we left at intermission, mostly because Sophia was absolutely exhausted and I didn't feel the need to stay. She was only mildly following the plot and although she queried whether or not Horton would find the Whos after all, I filled her in that he would and she seemed happy enough with that, especially since she got a free glow stick on the way out.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

It sounds like they needed someone with some set experience and a little imagination...someone like you maybe??