Nothing like being a week behind in posting, right?! For the 4th we headed out to our friend Neil's at Lake Lottowana for his annual pig roast party. Leo also lives out there and (finally!!) he decided to join us for the fun. The kids were really excited to have him there and so were we! My friend Beth also joined us but somehow she managed to avoid all picture taking! We got there late afternoon and Sophia wore herself out by jumping off the dock and swimming around, and then going back for more! She was so happy! Leo was a little more trepidatious and wasn't too sure about his life jacket but after a little bit he warmed up to the water and had fun too! We didn't stay for fireworks, because honestly, I'm just not ready to ruin bedtime for fireworks. I know this may seem like an odd personality flaw for me, but really at this point I value sleep more than tradition! ;) I feel like although they would probably think fireworks are really, really cool, I'm not ready to completely ruin bedtime, especially for Leo. If it were just Sophia, I think I'd probably be fine with letting her stay up later, but I'm not quite there for Leo, so we just didn't go. Sophia has never seen them before so she doesn't know what she's missing! Anyway, we had a great day and we thank Neil and his family for inviting us each year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment