So my picture taking dramatically decreased at every subsequent location! I feel bad about it actually,there are barely any pictures from the time spent with my family, but it was also very whirlwind! Both kids had fallen asleep on the not so long drive from Leo's house and then we had to wake them up and throw them into yet another meal! Leo wasn't lasting long before he needed jammies and bed and Sophia was not happy about leaving. Mom made a super delicious beef tenderloin and Aunt Bess delivered with her famous apple pie. Sophia got a Barbie riding a Vespa from Stacy and Shelby and she loves it, although she calls her Barbie Beska and will not be corrected!
House hopping is tiring and stressful on these holidays, but even with all that, I do think it's worth it. We may change our mind at some point and try to split things up, but at this point neither Charlie nor I are ready to not see our families on these special days. The kids LOVE seeing everyone and opening gifts and playing with cousins, so it's really hardest on us. This year was better even because we got that little bit of time to ourselves in the morning. I guess we'll keep on keeping on until it doesn't work for us anymore!
* a few weeks ago Sophia attended Family Movie Night at Sarah and Jacob's school. Most of the kids bring sleeping bags, blankets, etc. and Sophia was feeling really left out b/c she didn't have a sleeping bag! (even though I sent her with her pillow pet!) so Mer pulled through with a pretty awesome gift! She is really excited to try it out and will probably get to tomorrow night when she sleeps over with Aunt Chris and Angela!
1 comment:
Hey, she can bring her sleeping bag next trip to my house! Awesome!
Post a Comment