Friday, December 31, 2010

A Year in Pictures

I've been working diligently on our giant, yearly photo book the last few days and it inspired me to make a blog post about this year, something I don't usually do, but I guess I'm feeling reflective! It's just so amazing to see how much the kids have grown this year. Leo is pretty obvious, I mean it's been his first year (mostly) of life and of course he's going to change a ton, but even as I look back on Sophia's pictures she too has grown up so much!


I perused the many pictures from each month and decided on one picture from each kid, or a group picture. I'd like to say I chose my favorite but honestly, there were just too many from which to choose! I tried to choose the pictures that truly reflected the kids' personalities. Sophia is my sweet, sensitive, loving girl who loves to play and dance and be silly. Leo is my super happy, rough and tumble boy who is full of energy and into everything!


January
doing tummy time and holding up his head.

just being the princess she knows how to be



February
I love the memory of this picture! We had such a good trip with their first experience at the beach and lots of together time. They both looked so cute in their "summer" clothes too!



March
another great memory....the St. Pat's Parade. It was freezing! We were so excited to go but that quickly evaporated when it was just too darn cold! We did lots of snuggling and neither kiddo was too happy, but at least we looked festive!


April
At Lisa's Easter party...Sophia was looking very Papal I thought! That's her signature smile, though!


I mean really...who's ever seen a kid so happy to be dunked?! He loved it and looked darn cute doing it!

May
my little ballerina dancer of determination

This is a signature Leo look...grins from ear to ear! He was just figuring out how to stand without falling down...you can tell he's hanging on for dear life!


June
learning how to play Go Fish

Tyra would be proud...he's really got the smize down in this shot!
(for those ANTM rejects, it means smiling with your eyes!;)


July
oh how I love the pool!

there are just too many words to describe this pic! From her Farrah Fawcett hair to the tan and the pose...and let's not forget the props! She cracks me up!

August
did I mention that this kid is super happy!

a pondering princess


September
pants are certainly no requirement to open birthday gifts


hello, World...I'm 1!!

October
this really captures the spirit of their relationship I think


November
Thanksgiving lovies

December

This has been a great year for us and we know life will just keep getting better! Happy New Year!


No comments: