Monday, November 15, 2010

Sick.

sick.

not sick.


Sadly Sophia has quite a bug. I know she's only 3, but she has never been sick like this. My heart just breaks for her. She has had a high fever and vomiting since Sat afternoon and we're still not in the clear. It seems, knock on wood, that the vomiting has finally ceased. Her fever however, is still there. If she isn't fever free tomorrow I guess I'll have to call the nurse...again. We also had our first experience with suppositories...oh the joy. Actually Sophia has really been a trooper about it and strangely I've had more trouble getting her to drink the Pedialyte than I did with the suppository. I mean I do feel bad, that stuff is really gross, but really?? I'm just hoping that Leo does NOT get this. It might break me. Here's hoping that tomorrow is better...! :)


2 comments:

Julie said...

When Landis had a bout of throwing up and diarrhea at 2 or 3, the dr office told us to give him diluted gatorade or powerade because he wouldn't like the pedialyte. They help replace the electrolytes too. It worked fine. Just a suggestion. Hope she's feeling better soon.

Tori said...

Thanks for the tip, Julie! I actually did do that and it went over a little bit better, but she hated that too...only my kid!