Saturday, November 27, 2010

Met My Quota

Okay seriously, this throw up shit is for the birds. I've had enough! I know it's been forever since I've updated and it's all due to sickness and travel and more sickness. Here's the summary...Sophia got sick on Saturday, Charlie went to California on Sunday, Sophia threw up and had a fever (reaching 105 more than once) for 5 solid days. We went to the doctor twice and then Charlie came home. We had a few days of relative peace and residual tiredness from Sophia. Then we did some major renovating of our house (more on that soon) and got packed up to head to Minnesota for Thanksgiving. We had a nice TG, ate lots, visited lots, and...threw up lots. Leo woke up Thursday night puking his little guts out. He threw up 6 times all night long, had a few pajama changes and a bath all in the middle of the night. We headed home yesterday afternoon (a few days before schedule) while I dealt with my own stomach issues huddling in the passenger seat. Thinking we were in the clear because both Leo and I woke up feeling good, we headed out on the town this afternoon to visit Santa and play where Sophia proceeded to projectile vomit all over the mall...I mean everywhere, the upside...at least it wasn't on Santa! Awesome. She has now called her brother's 6 vomits and raised him one and Charlie is just beginning. And this is the beginning for yet another long night for me. I'm sorry for the relative graphic nature of this post, but I'm numb to it now. Hopefully I'll get some cheery posts and pictures soon.

2 comments:

Carolyn Zook said...

Oh Tori! I'm so sorry about all the illness - that must have been very scary for you for Sophia to have a 105 temperature. I hope your feeling better and that life can get back to normal for you soon. Thinking of you!

Ellyn said...

And counting...
Maren threw up 7 times starting at 10 p.m. Saturday night. She managed to sleep in 3 different beds. Then I started at 6 a.m. Sunday. Susan called Sunday night to say she had been sick starting Saturday after she got home. I'm afraid to contact the rest of the TG guests!! Lucky, it was just 24 hours!