Friday, January 22, 2010

Play time!

Sophia makes a lot of coffee! This cute coffee maker that came with her kitchen even makes grinding and brewing sounds. Yesterday morning I asked her if she wanted to go get coffee with Bama and me (she loves Starbucks!) and she said very plainly...I have some here, then returned to her coffee maker!
She is way into TV right now. We took some extra lounge time and stayed in jammies and watched Barney!

Sophia also really loves to take pictures (wonder where that came from?!) and this was a picture of her "cookies". She was very insistent she photograph them.

Leo has various balls and things he can hold, shake, and chew...chewing is generally a requirement right now.

He was loving his giraffe yesterday too! He pulled on the toy in the mouth and her antler

He must have it on speaker phone!

Hi mom!

cuties!

standing up like a big boy!

Shelby joined the cheer leading squad!

This is her team mascot and although Sophia looks a bit scared in this picture, she really wasn't. In fact, she wanted to hug and snuggle the eagle all night. After the game, she walked right up to him and put her arms up in the "pick me up" pose. Luckily, the young man inside the eagle was a good sport and was happy to oblige.
It's always play time around our house!! Leo is really starting to play with and enjoy toys. He likes anything he can chew and hold. He also really enjoys the playmat that has colored lights and animals hanging down. He wiggles his way around in a complete circle, and usually falls asleep at some point! He is getting better about tummy time too. Partially it was my fault, I just don't give him tummy time very often. I've been trying to be better though because he's so wiggly that I need him to be as strong as he can be if he rolls over again. He likes to sleep on his side and will sleep like that all night long and for most naps. It's pretty cute and I don't know if he does it because that's what he really likes or because he'd rather be on his tummy he just can't make it all the way over yet! I suppose time will tell!
Sophia's favorite past time is still reading. Right now she is really into those If You Give A ___ books. She had a couple which we read often, but she also got a few more for Christmas, including a stuffed Pig and Mouse from the books, so she was pretty thrilled. If anyone sits at the computer she thinks that it's time for her to climb on you and bring you books, making whatever job your doing at the computer take at least twice as long (which may explain why I've been working on this particular post for 2 hours!!) She also loves anything Richard Scarry right now...Huckle Cat and Lowly are sure to bring her running! Her other favorite toys right now are probably her kitchen and all its accessories as well as the wooden wagon my Aunt Ellyn brought her and her baby stroller. She is also really into just running in circles around our kitchen and living room. She will also exhaust herself by continually jumping off of the stool in the kitchen. She just climbs up and jumps off over and over again. TV favorites include Wonder Pets, which I've mentioned, and Olivia. She also LOVES Barney (God help us) and anything with Kermit. She has a couple of Muppets movies but she only watches a little bit at a time. Not only would I not let her watch the entire thing in one sitting, she's not really at that level yet.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Wow! Look at Leo standing...can't believe he's only 4 months!