Well, since his "birthday" was marred by so much drama...here's a happy update post about our favorite boy! He's plugging along nicely in the development department and weighed in over 18lbs yesterday at the doctor! That was about what I had guessed, but part of me is a bit nervous with his rapid weight gain pattern! His official four month check-up is next Monday and since we had plenty of other things to discuss at the doctor yesterday, we didn't cover any of that maintenance stuff. Speaking of yesterday, however, you'll be happy to know that Leo's ear and penis are looking better...I think. I'm pretty sure they are and that it's not my imagination, but I also know that maybe I'm just willing myself to see a difference so I can breathe easier knowing it's not MRSA! We've been washing hands and clothes like mad over hear, and I'm starting to have some cracking around my knuckles...I gotta get some lotion going too apparently!
Leo started rolling over with gusto on Sunday evening. We were actually at some friends' house when he did it so he got an extra loud cheering section! I'm glad to hit this milestone, but it does of course send me over the nervous edge once again. The problem is not so much that he's rolling over, but the fact that he sleeps on his face. He doesn't turn his head or anything, he just sleeps face down into the blanket, mattress, whatever. This freaks me the heck out! At sometime after 3am I rummaged through my house scouring for and plugging in our gigantic room fan. I figured that at least I could keep the air moving if he wasn't going to! I hovered over him for, well let's just say a long time, trying to coerce him back to his back without waking him, because I knew full well that if he awoke, he'd only want to eat. Anyway, it was no such luck, and of course, he woke up and wanted to eat. Major strikeout on my part. I know that I'll get used to the idea of tummy sleeping in time, but until then, I'm not going to be doing much sleeping myself! The other frustrating part is that about 50% of the time, he rolls over, fusses, then I roll him back, only to have him roll over again. He's just not satisfied with either option! I don't get it! Hopefully he'll learn how to go from tummy to back in record time so we can alleviate some of that drama!
He is starting to want to hold his own bottle, but hasn't quite mastered that skill yet. He will hold onto your hand or fingers and move them back and forth, therefore controlling the flow of milk and will grasp at the bottle with his hands, but isn't quite holding it yet. We'll confirm the milk issue with the doctor next week, but I feel pretty confident that is/was the issue. His skin is clearing up, his cradle cap is clearing up, his mucus issue is clearing up...seems pretty obvious, no?? His skin still isn't perfect, and I must admit, I feel sort of cheated out of that baby soft baby that I never got! Maybe we can still make it happen with this soy business and some good lotion! ;)
Leo's favorite toys right now are things that he can sit and watch light up or play music. He will play with things like rattles or chew toys (sounds like a dog??!)but he loves to sit in the swing and watch the light show or sit on the play mat and watch the sunshine light the most! I need some more things like that!
I tried to include a video of him rolling over, which was too cute by the way, because it also included Sophia and Walter, but I can't seem to get it to load. Ever since this new camera the videos haven't been working for me! Maybe it's too big, but it never gives me an error message it just doesn't do anything?? So, if anyone can shoot me a remedy for this it would be greatly appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment