Monday, January 11, 2010

Hangin' Out

With such frigid temperatures that keep on hanging around, we've been keeping busy indoors! Here are some snapshots from the past week or so...

We played and ate pizza with Grandma Sue
We've seen lots of Uncle Stacy and Shelby

Bama and Sophia rode the panda bear...twice!!

This is my favorite picture...Sophia took the camera, gave me Leo's toy and said, "snuggle this and smile!" This is her best picture yet...you can almost see my face!

cooking up some breakfast goodies

peek-a-boo!

a regular concert pianist

clementines are our new favorite food...thank goodness they're in season! Her record so far is 6 in one day and that's only because I finally stopped her! It is nice that she can peel them herself too!

You can't read it very well, but Leo's shirt says Mallow Out, Dude. Priceless, and just what he likes to do!


Sophia helping Leo learn his numbers
Other noteworthy things:
  • Leo's skin is noticeably clearing up...a sure sign we're on the right track with soy
  • Sophia has an imaginary friend named Gay-Gay. Gay-Gay lives in her own house, she's 5, has blond hair, and comes and goes through the front door. We've also run into her at various restaurants and shops around town. A new friend, Geri, also popped up yesterday, but we're not sure if she's going to stay around or not.
  • Leo rolled over in his sleep the other night. It seems to be a one and only event so far (thank goodness!) but we're keeping an eye on him.
  • Both kids really love swimming!
  • Sophia is asserting her "two-ness" wholeheartedly. I am a big fan of Love and Logic and use their techniques to get me through my days and nights. These techniques are the best choice for us and they do work, but it's hard. It is hard to be consistent, it is hard not to be sarcastic, and sometimes it's really hard not to raise my voice. BUT...I'm doing it even when it's hard. :)
  • Speaking of nights, I'm still not sleeping. Both kids wake up at some point or points throughout the night. Leo will sleep through the night a day or two and then not again for a week. I don't know why or how to fix it, but I wish I did. Sophia is still having separation anxiety issues from me and I don't know why or how to fix it.
  • Here are a couple of Sophia's latest quotes that I found too cute!
  • As she was looking in the refrigerator she said, "Mom, I need something for my mouth."
  • She was getting out some colored pencils and she looked and Walter and said, "Don't eat these, they're not sticks."
  • I'm very glad Leo is still immobile. Even as it is, they both keep me moving all day long!
  • I'm trying to set some goals to get more done during the day since it doesn't seem my night routine is going to be without interruption for a while. I am trying to get back to cooking every night and getting laundry done in a more prompt manner. I have struggled with the laundry goal the last week or so though!! Good thing we have a lot of underwear.

3 comments:

Carolyn Zook said...

It sounds to me like you need a personal assistant! Why don't you hire me! :) Hang in there - you're doing great, and good job being consistent and not raising your voice. :) Proud of you, Mama Hirner. You deserve a cookie (uh, but you'll have to bake it first...). PS: Laundry is overrated. It will still be there tomorrow. I guarantee it.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Cathy thinks Leo looks like his favorite Uncle Stacy!

Tori said...

Yes, I agree with you both! I will hire you as an assistant any day, Zook! Who needs their stinkin' PhD anyway!?! And yes, Leo does look like Stacy...I have found it to be much more noticeable lately! I mean maybe I can have one kid look like my side, right?! ;)