Okay, now I know that I sometimes give my mom a hard time because she can be somewhat of a pack rat...but this time, I have to say it paid off! Mom has saved my Fisher Price Little People things from when I was a kid. She had the fire station and the Sesame Street brownstone in an obvious place and Sophia has been playing with those for about a year now, but just last week, mom unearthed the mother load! In a box deep in the recesses of her basement she found so much more, including my castle and camper set pictured above. These were both 2 of my absolute favorites that I honestly had forgotten about until I saw them. The castle has a trap door in it that Sophia immediately found and began dropping people through and the camper folds down and hitches onto the back of the Jeep. I also found, which I will really have to get a picture of, a sort of community with apartments, garages, stores, etc. At some point in time Lisa and I had converted it into condos because I found all sorts of funny things that we had created and taped in, on, and around this toy. My personal favorite was the hand drawn Bon Jovi poster, made Little Person size that I know Lisa made (I recognized her handwriting cuz I sure didn't remember her doing it) for one of the "kid's" bedrooms. Absolutely hilarious! After this fun trip down memory lane, I realized that I too will now have to save all of Sophia's Little People so that her children can play with it. I'm sorry mom for always mocking you! I guess mothers are always right! ;)
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Blast From the Past
Okay, now I know that I sometimes give my mom a hard time because she can be somewhat of a pack rat...but this time, I have to say it paid off! Mom has saved my Fisher Price Little People things from when I was a kid. She had the fire station and the Sesame Street brownstone in an obvious place and Sophia has been playing with those for about a year now, but just last week, mom unearthed the mother load! In a box deep in the recesses of her basement she found so much more, including my castle and camper set pictured above. These were both 2 of my absolute favorites that I honestly had forgotten about until I saw them. The castle has a trap door in it that Sophia immediately found and began dropping people through and the camper folds down and hitches onto the back of the Jeep. I also found, which I will really have to get a picture of, a sort of community with apartments, garages, stores, etc. At some point in time Lisa and I had converted it into condos because I found all sorts of funny things that we had created and taped in, on, and around this toy. My personal favorite was the hand drawn Bon Jovi poster, made Little Person size that I know Lisa made (I recognized her handwriting cuz I sure didn't remember her doing it) for one of the "kid's" bedrooms. Absolutely hilarious! After this fun trip down memory lane, I realized that I too will now have to save all of Sophia's Little People so that her children can play with it. I'm sorry mom for always mocking you! I guess mothers are always right! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Omg, I had that same camper/jeep! How fun!
Post a Comment