Saturday, December 5, 2009
Feeling Festive
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am so much more excited about Christmas this year! I have done more decorating this year, than..well...ever. I have a bunch of Christmas decor that I have never put out. Or, I've put a wreath or something out, but not much else. Well, this year I decided to go all out. It's kind of fun, I must admit, but the pessimist side of me is already dreading putting some of this stuff away...God, I'm lazy! We took our family picture in front of the mantle this year, as opposed to in front of the tree like years past, and it turned out pretty darn cute. I even have my cards made and ready to send, although finding time to stuff and address envelopes seems to be limited around here! Sophia is very happy with the various 'santas' I've displayed and hugs them at every chance she gets. We also have lights on the outside of the house for the second year in a row. They look super fun and festive, in fact most of our street is lit up and I absolutely love it, but unfortunately, the middle strand of our icicle lights malfunctioned and is not lit any more...big bummer. Hopefully Charlie can get up there to investigate soon! We are also hoping to get our tree tomorrow and have it trimmed and looking fab by Monday or Tuesday. Since we get a real tree it usually has to sit in the garage and 'fall' for at least a day, so we may not get to it tomorrow. The best part about the Christmas season so far is the fact that I just discovered that the Lifetime channel shows cheesy, made-for-tv Christmas movies every day from 12-12 and all day on the weekends! Yipee! I love that crap and was totally indulgent all last weekend! I'm hoping to cut out just a little bit more time for that tomorrow too! Nothing better than washed up actors, predictable plots and cup of steamy, delicious hot cocoa. I have also started playing Christmas tunes on my iPod and even went so far as to program the all-Christmas-all-the-time stations into my car radio. I'm ready for Santa, Baby!
We could not pass up these adorable musical penguin lights. They made Sophia so happy at our recent Target excursion that I just couldn't resist!
I am very excited about my Christmas card display rack. This way we can show off all the cards we get without having to try and find space for them on the refrigerator, so get those cards and pictures in the mail, people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"Washed up actors, predictable plots..." - Love it!!!
The decorations look awesome, Tori! Love the ornaments hanging from the light fixture! And yes, how can you beat 24/7 Christmas specials? Don't even get me started on how many times I've wasted hours of my life/study time on the ABC Family Channel - I'm a sucker for the "tween song and dance" films! High School Musical, anybody?
Post a Comment