It has been proven that both my children look quite similar to one another, especially when Sophia was a tiny baby like Leo. When Leo was born, in fact, just after he was taken from the womb, my doctor commented, "oh yes, this is Sophia's brother all right!!" As their mother, I think they were/are both extremely adorable (and think everyone else should too, naturally!;) BUT, there is one resounding difference. I always kinda felt that Sophia did look a little like a boy. Now I'm sure this comment will soon come back to bite me in the ass, but it's true! It seems the rest of the world thought so too, as I often fielded comments about what a cute boy she was, even though she was clad head to toe in pink, but whatever! She had a very pretty face and grew into her girliness, but there are pictures even now where I'm not sure if it's Sophia or Leo, for real! Anyway, I have to laugh because the comments I get now are all about how Leo is "all boy". Almost everyone we meet comments on how he just looks like a boy, there's no mistaking it! It just makes me chuckle so that's why this post is dedicated to Leo and all his "manly" looks!
Leo is growing bigger and stronger every day! He loves, I mean loves, to watch his mobile go round and round. It lights him up and he just laughs and coos. He is quite vocal at times and he has two specific coos that sound exactly like he's saying 'hi' and 'mom'. Now, I'm sure you're rolling your eyes at the 'mom' one, but it's true. Even Charlie noticed it yesterday and laughed and said it sounded just like that's what he said. Naturally, I don't actually think that's what he is saying, but it's pretty funny, and maybe he is that advanced! ;) He loves Sophia and smiles at her whenever she puts her face in his, which, as you might guess, is pretty often. He also gave Walter the biggest grin this morning too, it was adorable. For the most part he is a really good baby. He eats well, sleeps well and seems to be even tempered. I only hope he stays that way as we have enough drama from his sister! Ha! There are times when he absolutely demands to be held. He is a real cuddler, but then again, so is Sophia. Sometimes I wonder if that is a nurture or nature trait...Charlie and I are both cuddlers and maybe it's a lead by example thing, but Leo is so little that it makes me wonder. We feel so happy to have him in our lives and it really is fun to now be a family of four.
2 comments:
Trust me, it is a nature thing. That's why I wanted one more. I felt we had to end on a cuddler. Jon and I are both avid cuddlers, Brandon though, is not. He could lift his head the day he was born (ask the nurse) Mr. Independant was not a snuggle-bug. In the future,when he gripes about having a younger brother, I will not hesitate to tell him, it's his own fault for not being a snuggler.
Okay, Carl and I have to officially weigh in on this issue. We don't think Sophia and Leo look alike. We think Sophia is all you and Leo is all Charlie. I know we are the outliers on this one, but we had to put our two cents in. :)
Post a Comment