First off, let me say that I thought they stopped making light strands that stop working when one bulb is out?!? Well, apparently, they haven't, but by golly, they should! Charlie had to sort out that mess with both our tree light strands and our outside light strands. He figured it out and got the lights back in working order, but not without a fight! Our tree this year is a Blue Spruce (I think!) and we usually get White Pines. I don't know if it's the different breed of tree or just the tree itself, but it seems to be droopier and a little harder to get my ornaments on. I had to rearrange frequently because the weight of the ornament would bring the boughs way down and it would look funny! I'm quite happy with the end result, though, even though I had to leave off my favorite ornaments this year! My favorites are two sets of super colorful bulbs we have, but they're glass and it just isn't a good idea. Last year, as it was, we broke a few, and this year I just couldn't take the risk with Sophia helping decorate. Charlie and I put the lights on Sunday night and then Sophia and I decorated the tree on Monday. She began by wanting to do it herself but figured it out it was kind of tricky to get those ornaments on there, so she resorted to picking out ornaments, finding a place for them and then directing me where to put it. It was a fun little activity to do with Sophia, I only wished Charlie could have helped. Due to our schedules this week, it just wasn't conducive to have a whole family decorating party, so it had to be done in parts, but we had fun anyway! But don't you worry, I made both of them listen to my endless play list of Christmas songs while we worked! Sophia's favorite was the Muppet's Christmas and Charlie's favorite was when I turned it off! ;) The smell of Christmas is now in the house and it makes everything just that much more festive!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment