So, I really swear that I was going to do some uploading yesterday of some various activities we've done throughout the week, including my kiddos looking super cute in rugby stripes at Daddy's game yesterday, but wouldn't you know it...the camera finally died. I feel a great loss. It has been a bit on the fritz for the past month or so, but I figured it was still working pretty well. I've been wanting a new camera for about a year, but figured it just wasn't in our immediate future since this one did work, but I guess Christmas is coming early! ;) I looked on our computer to see if it had a little spot to insert the memory card so that I could at least get off the photos that were on there, but no dice. I'm not sure if there's any way to retrieve them except for printing them off at Walgreens and then scanning them into the computer (blech!).
Life here is trucking along. Sophia has reasserted her prerogative to not sleep. That's been fun. It has been better the last few days, but it makes for an even more tiring night when I'm up with both of them. I think a lot of it stems from a bit of jealousy. She wants mommy to herself and isn't inclined to share when she doesn't want to. She also came down with just a small cold and that could have had something to do with it too. Other than that, she continues to be just a hoot! She is making so many more connections, it absolutely amazes me. Right now she's really into mommies and their babies. She was rooting through her Halloween candy bowl and pulled out an orange Tootsie Pop (her fave by the way) and continued rooting. She then found a Mini Tootsie Pop, also orange, and exclaimed, "Oh! It's her baby!" Today after leaving church she told Charlie, Daddy you get in the seat and I'll drive. The other morning as I was in the bathroom she asked me, Mom, did you tinkle? Yes, Sophia. Good job, mom! Then she asked to flush and proceeded to sing "bye-bye tinkle, go down the hole!" over and over again. She loves her little brother and is happy to kiss him and hug him most of the time! She also likes to use the word "ok" as an emphasis on the end of her sentences. For example, I want some milk, Tori. Okay? or she'll tell her animals in her bed, I'm going to go check on Leo but you have to stay here, okay? Okay?? Okay, I'm going to go, ok??
Leo's cough seems to have mostly cleared up. He has really "woken up" the last week or two and is presenting us with some parenting challenges, oh joy! He is still pretty gassy and becoming fussier. I'm over my fear of the colic, but I do worry about his gas bouts. His fussy time seems to be around 8pm which is a HUGE bummer b/c as soon as I get Sophia to bed, I have to deal with his drama for another hour. He still sleeps a lot during the day and is awake a lot during the night. I have started putting him in his crib and he sleeps there for at least an hour every night! Baby steps! Sometimes it is a significant portion of the night, other times it isn't. He has started smiling and giggling, which is way cute and I look forward to more of that! Today we took him to church for his 40th day blessing and he did pretty well, Sophia is another story.
I continue to question my sanity when I take her to church. I am just at a loss. She isn't badly behaved, it's just that she isn't particularly well behaved either. She's loud, she doesn't get the concept of whisper at all, and she is very busy! I can deal more with busy than I can the loudness. Our church does have a cry room but it's just a room filled with toys. I basically refuse to take her into it because one, it's filthy, and two, I don't want to teach her that we come to church so that she can go upstairs and play with toys. However, I spend the entire time at church fussing and worrying and looking after her that I'm getting nothing out of it. I only listen to half the gospel reading and half his sermon so I think what's the point of being here??! I look around at other kids her age and they seem to be able to function, so what is it about us?? Part of me feels like if we get Leo going on this church thing starting now that he'll be able to do it because he'll have learned from the beginning. I can only hope. Along that same vein, I say that could happen with Sophia too, but part of me feels like we should already be to that point and moving past it.
We're just a happy little family of four now, looking forward to a holiday season full of thanks and joy surrounding it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Tori, I see lots of wild children in church every week and they are all little. Just happens. Charlie was very entertaining in church when he was little. Another year will make a difference. - Cathy
Patience, Tori, patience.David cannot have ALL of it for our family. And I recall Louise "dancing" in the aisle during a church service or two with her LOUD shoes (they click-clacked on the tile as she walked)...when she was TWO! It gets better.
Post a Comment