No love lost here!
My sweet babies
Doesn't he just look like a little elf?
Huh?
Julie showing off her very festive turkey pins
Shelby acting as waitress with some delicious sweet potato chips!
Sue and Angie getting some cuddle time
I wrangled in mom and Nick for a photo-opI had even more reasons to be thankful for my family this Thanksgiving, because I couldn't have done it without them! Although I hosted, everyone pitched in to make it special. Everyone brought lots of homemade goodies to share and I (and by I, I mean mostly my mom) cooked one turkey in the oven and Stacy deep fried one out back. Stacy also had the brilliant idea of doing some sweet potato chips in the deep fryer and they were loved by all, as evidence, they were devoured immediately! We had just enough food and not many leftovers. In a way, no leftovers is good, but on the flip side I had the thought of how long it took to prepare this dinner and then it was just that...one dinner...and it kinda bummed me out.
I managed to fit everyone at one very long table and I was pleased. It was a bit crowded but it wasn't too bad. The three little girls had their own table in the kitchen and enjoyed some decorated turkey cookies while they were waiting for the "real" dessert. The kids had a fantastic time, as usual, running around together and I think the adults had a wonderful time chatting, watching football, and keeping to no schedule at all (except the cooking schedule of course!). I'm also thankful that I didn't volunteer for Christmas dinner, but maybe another Thanksgiving will be in our future!

No comments:
Post a Comment