Big girl pants are way better than maternity pants. I broke out my bin of post-pregnancy pants today and they actually fit! I must say I was rather excited. I am wearing these pants weeks sooner than I did with Sophia...maybe even a month! This means I can wash my maternity stuff and pack it back up! Although, this also means that everyone who sees me in the next few weeks/months is going to see the same, very small rotation of clothing, but again...at least they're not maternity clothing! I really do feel like I'm recovering much better this time and I really think it's due to Boot Camp. Even though I adapted my work-out routine to my size and energy level, I was still working out almost every day and I really think it has made a big difference so far. I am also considering signing up for a 5K to help motivate me to work off the rest of this baby weight, but I'm a little unsure. I'm unsure because 1. I hate running. Like I really hate it. With a passion. 2. It's basically winter now and if I already hate running, I'm really going to hate it in the cold. 3. I'm not authorized to start exercising again until 4 weeks post-partum and that doesn't leave me much time to train before the end of the season. After a little research though, I think I found that the last run is the Jingle Bell Run and that's sometime towards the beginning/middle of December. Then after the first of the year there is a Groundhog Run in February. So it may be more realistic to use the Jingle Bell as a training/baseline run and aim to do the Groundhog as my goal run. I know it would be good for me, but I'm just not very motivated to do it on my own...so we'll see.
Life otherwise is going along swimmingly here at the house. Leo is a good boy. Babies do start to "wake-up" at 2 weeks of age, however, so I'm hoping that he remains calm and sweet and we don't have too many problems. My Mother-in-Law has me scared though, because there's the curse of the dark-headed-Hirner-babies...the big C...c-o-l-i-c. It's too scary to even type, I just have to spell it out! Supposedly, all Hirners who were born with dark hair had it, and I'm hoping that Mr. Leo will break the cycle! Right now he rarely cries and is eating very well, but is extremely gassy (another Hirner trait??). Charlie has blessed me by taking the early morning feeding and is willing to keep it up while he goes back to work...hallelujah! So, with that, I'm getting a fair amount of sleep. Leo's fussy period is from about 10pm-5am so it's possible that I'll wake up with him during that time. Now, it's not usually that entire time, but it can happen anywhere in between, plus there's at least a feeding or two thrown in there, so you just never know how he's going to feel.
Sophia is also sleeping fairly well lately, at night anyway. She has recently decided that naps are for the birds and napping has now become a hit or miss activity, a development Mommy is really unhappy about. We're trying to get her to the point where she will at least stay in her room to play by herself for an hour, but even that is trying on the non-nap days. I'm just not willing to give in to this completely and do require at least a modicum of peace and quiet from her. At night, however, she rarely awakens and is sleeping a tad later in the morning. Leo isn't really crying at night, however, as we're still pretty much waking him up to eat, but that is slowly starting to change. I do fear that his crying will wake her and we'll be back to a struggle in the middle of the night. I'm just trying not to think about that, though!
Walter is also adjusting quite well. When he returned home from day care, he merely looked at Leo with a look that said, "another one of those...oh bother." He sniffs him and is interested in kissing him, but he is not at all freaked out by him as he was Sophia. He's been around this block already I guess and is ready to go with the flow!
With Charlie going back to work, I'm hoping to slowly work back into a routine. I'll also be looking to pick up some play dates again, as I'm sure I'll be ready to have some entertainment and energy releasing activities for Sophia. Since my mom has a part-time schedule, I'm sure she'll be available some days too so I won't be going cold-turkey, but I must admit I'm anxious that Charlie is returning to work. Plus, let's be honest...it's really awesome spending so much time with him and as a family and I will really miss that too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats on your "big girl" pants. I'm so bad that some of my elastic-waist maternity capris made it into my regular rotation for the past 4 years. They really must be destroyed.
At least you have a ROTATION of big girl pants.... I only have two pair of work pants that fit right now. Other than that it is sweats all day everyday.
Maybe I should join you on the Jingle Bell Run...I could use the motivation.
Oh you totally should, because like I said, I'm no good on my own! We can motivate each other!
Tori - if you hate running so much, you know walking briskly is just as healthy of an activity (and better for your knees!). You might be more motivated if you just go out for a brisk walk...Glad to hear everyone is adjusting well!
Post a Comment