Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Picking!

a happy fall family

3 pumpkins tall

coordinating outfits specially picked out for a day of pumpkins and fun!
Sophia kept saying that Leo was wearing "spookies"...cute!


mommy's big pumpkin

mommy's little pumpkin

navigating the hay castle

trying to feed goats

just look at that face of determination!


finding a good one!

celebrating our hard work with some cider donuts
We loaded up in Marsha and headed out the pumpkin patch/cider mill. As a kid, we used to go to Louisburg Cider Mill every year, at least once a year! They make good cider and even better donuts! This year I bought a bag of apples and have already made a fairly delicious apple cake and am looking at ways to use the rest before the spoil! The pumpkin patch was still quite full of good pumpkins, in all sizes, and we picked up 3 of them. Our goal is to carve them tonight so we can enjoy them before the weekend! I haven't carved a pumpkin in many, many years so I have to admit, I'm almost nervous! Check back soon for pics of our masterpieces!

1 comment:

Carolyn Zook said...

I love how Little Leo's pumpkin outfit has drool on it - too darn cute! Your kids are adorable and Sophia is looking more and more like a "little girl" everyday! Beautiful family, Tori!