My Aunt Ellyn traveled into town this weekend from Minnesota and we were so happy to have her! I've been missing Dad is a big way lately. A lot of it is obviously because of Leo...I really would have liked it if Dad could have met this precious little boy. I know that he'd be just in love with him! Another, of course, is the anniversary of his death is just around the corner. Last year was difficult being the first year, but this year is difficult in it's own way. Because I just gave birth to Leo, and because 2 years ago Sophia was exactly as old as Leo is now, it puts me right back in the place of remembering Dad and having a tiny baby and all my emotions come swirling back in a very surreal way. But, I digress...my point here is this. It really meant a lot to me to have Ellyn here in his place. If I can't have dad, I guess his sister is a good second! :) She agreed with me, which of course I always appreciate, that Leo looks a lot like dad! In fact, she brought some pictures of Dad and of her son David and Leo's newborn picture and David's newborn picture are almost identical! It's crazy! I'll try and do some fancy scanning so that I can post pictures of both, but last time I scanned something it seriously took me two days to figure it out! LOL! During her visit, we kept her on her toes with lots of family time, errands, cooking, story reading, baby feeding and just general fun! This post is mostly just random snapshots from our busy, busy weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment