Thursday, December 18, 2008

Doctor Update

Sophia had her 15 month appointment yesterday. As I've come to find out, I guess the 15 monther isn't standard for all doctors, but mine likes to do it, so we did! Actually, I think it's just an excuse to do more shots!!! From the looks of it, however, Sophia only has one more vaccination to go before she's done until age 5...woo hoo!! Speaking of shots, it has always been hard to watch her get them, but this time was possibly the worst for me. I think it's because she's now getting to the age where she is comprehending so much more that it is truly heartbreaking to see her so happy and loving towards the nurse and then, whammo...pain, tears, and maybe even a little bit of hatred ;)! But, on the other hand, she calmed down immediately when the nurse offered her the bucket of toys! So, I guess with bad comes good!

As far as her 15 month stats, it goes like this:
Height 33": 95 %
Weight 26lbs: 92%
Head: 85%

She continues to be in the top ranges of the chart and is now wearing 24 month and some 2T clothing....yikes. Everyone tells me that she'll begin tapering off and evening out her growing, which has happened a bit, but not quite as much as "they" say. She has at least 20 words now and is still adding them. This morning as soon as I came in her room to get her she pointed at her quilt and said 'giraffe' and yesterday she pointed to a picture of a lion and said 'raaar', gotta love it! I know I keep saying this, but I am truly amazed at how much she's changed and grown in the past few months alone. We can't wait to continue this journey of life with our darling daughter as she brings so much joy every day!

1 comment:

Kim Moore said...

She is looking so grown up! Baby fever yet??