Brother and I toast to great pants!Notice the similarity in fabrics...mine are missing some of the blue and his are a bit darker, but we got pretty close!
The seamstress herself! Yay for Cathy!
Another Cathy Hirner Christmas Creation...Adorable or what??! I of course dressed Sophia in her monkey outfit ASAP! She is our little monkey and quite happy about it!
Last year I only made verbal mention of the great 'Christmas Pants' but this year you get to see them for yourself: two-fold! Boy did Dad ever love those pants. When I tell people about them, their first reaction is always the same: He wore the same pants every year, you mean the exact pair? And my answer is always yes, yes the same exact pair. Dad's weight never fluctuated much, so that was never an issue, but it wouldn't have been Christmas without these pants!
So my Christmas miracle this year was to resurrect the pants for all to see again. Since I mentioned last year that the pants were no where to be found, I had to contact the best seamstress I knew: my sister in law, Cathy! She, in true Christmas spirit, helped me choose fabric and a pattern to recreate the pants for my very own. We found a fabric that was quite close to Dad's in fact and I was just giddy about the results. She did an awesome job and I was happy to let Dad's memory live on through some very festive slacks, indeed!

1 comment:
They look awesome! Cathy did a great job. Your dad would be proud of you for carrying on his festive tradition. :)
Post a Comment