Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Little Reader

Papa Leo and those wacky dogs!

Aunt Cathy reads as Sophia points out pictures

Aunt Pam is happy to oblige too!
Sophia is a definitely one happy little reader from morning until night. The first thing she does after waking up in the morning, literally, is to grab the closest book and force it upon you. I'm not sure if this is a blessing or a curse! ;) Actually, it is wonderful to see her so excited by reading and learning new words. She is consistently adding new words to her vocabulary and I just giggle every time I hear a new one come out of her mouth! She also responds accurately when asked about the sounds of a dog, a cow, a duck, and sometimes cat (she used to be really good about that one, but maybe she hasn't been around Grandma Sue's cat enough recently!)

In the video Sophia is reading Go Dog, Go to herself. It's been hard to capture her "reading" on video but it is maybe the cutest thing ever! This video isn't quite a perfect sampling, but it's still pretty darn cute. My favorite part is when she scratches the page...that's the part I always use my finger to imitate the climbing of the dogs on the ladder--she does it twice, both times on the same page. Notice how she reads and points just like a pro!


No comments: