
It's hard to believe that this was us, exactly one year ago tonight. I look back at all my anxiety and I laugh. I laugh because it seems so foreign now, but I also laugh because I know me, and for pregnancy two I'll probably have double the thoughts of craziness and be just as anxious!I looked at Sophia earlier this week and I thought to myself, "I can't believe I didn't know it was you in there all along." I keep coming back to that statement and I am so happy to have such a beautiful, loving, smart little girl. I would have been happy with a boy, of course, but I didn't know how much I really wanted a girl until she came.
It is truly amazing how much she has grown, developed, changed and learned in such a short amount of time. I was thinking tonight that it would probably be difficult for most adults to say that they've accomplished that of a baby in just one short year. It kind of makes you reflect on the whole meaning of life thing and realize that you do have to live trying to do the things you want and enjoy, and yes everyone has to work, but trying not to let it consume you. If nothing else, work harder at winning the lottery so that you can live that life of leisure you want! ;)
Lastly, I am left with the thought of ALL the phone calls I received one year ago tonight, telling me that my life was over, I may never leave the house again, I won't get to eat a warm dinner or take a long shower (that one was for sure true) for a looooong time and I smile. I smile because although some of that was sort of true, I gladly traded it all for my beautiful daughter.
Umm, until she goes to college that is, cuz then it's back to party central in the Hirner house! Look for more postings tomorrow too!
1 comment:
Look at you all preggo! That really takes me back to the time right before Lily was born. It was so exciting, and I remember thinking that the whole world is continuing on right now, not knowing that it will never be the same because this precious being will soon be here. I also remember going to the hospital and thinking "Oh my God. This is really going to happen, and there is no turning back." So funny how much things change in just one short year. Most of all, how quickly the word, once so foreign, "mom" seems to be such a comfortable title. Way to go, mama! You made it through the first year! (And as Suzanne always says, the first birthday party is for YOU because you made it.) I knew that you would love this wild ride!
Post a Comment