Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cousins' Day

Yesterday we were lucky enough to have big cousin, Julie, come and play all day. The girls had a good time and Sophia was thrilled to not only have a play-mate, but a backseat buddy too! The two of them looked so cute in little adjacent care seats!

Having some creative time with stickers and glue while Sophia naps

Here they were playing with blocks and Julie announced, rather annoyed, "Umm, Aunt Tori, Sophia is NOT taking turns!" You don't say...
Cooperative bowl stacking in full swing!
During work-out class, because it was rainy and I was extra whiny, we went to the mall to power walk and play on their many structures. These coin powered cars were a HUGE hit, and we didn't even have to put money in them! Here's our little Taxi Driver!


Sophia is literally squealing with excitement in this picture. I was not expecting her desire to join in with the big kids! She is getting to the point now where she is becoming noticeably more interested in the play structures at the playground and these toy cars, my goodness! This one in particular, with the many dinosaurs, was her favorite.




Our day was busy, but fun. It really made me think about having 2 kids at home, and it almost made me cry! In some ways it was super fun. I had a good time coloring and cutting with Julie and Sophia even used her first crayon, but it was also much harder to get anything done, although Julie was a pretty good laundry helper and a stellar sock matcher! Plus, I felt a little overwhelmed with the task of keeping a 3 year-old busy. I think that my days of planning on the fly will soon end. I definitely see the need for a structure and a schedule for our day so that it is organized and not spent with someone asking, "Is it time to turn on the TV yet?" :)

No comments: