Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yikes.

A few days ago, I was in a store near my house and I recognized a woman who is the mother of one my former students. In fact, her daughter was in my first class ever as a teacher. Anyhow, we immediately recognized each other and hugged one another over the cash register and chatted away. I, of course, asked about her daughter and how she was and this was her response: "She's wonderful! In fact she's turning 17 this Saturday!" My response is as follows: "SAY WHAT?!"

It really made me reflect on my life since that year and I have to say it's pretty darn good. Since then I dated quite a few duds, and boy-howdy do I have some stories to prove it! But in the end there was of course my Charlie, what I would do without him I cannot imagine, and I became a mother to the most beautiful baby girl. I'd say I've come a long way!

Sophia turned 11 months old yesterday and we're closing in on that one year mark. I am both sad and excited to see my baby girl grow up. The scariest part is that someday I'll be saying to someone else; yes and she's turning 17 next week! Aaaaaah!

We celebrated her month day with a swim in Isaac's pool! Sophia splashed and splashed.


Oh my God this is so much fun and I can't stand it!!

Isaac cruisin' through the yard.


Cozy couple in a cozy coupe!

Who uses the gas pedal now-a-days anyway, putting your feet on the dash and a thumb in your mouth is the way to roll.


No comments: