Sophia officially has her half birthday on Tuesday (the same day as her Grandpa Leo's birthday!) and I truly can't believe it. I know that line has been used a lot by me in the past few months, but it is so true! It's hard to imagine that she's six months old. On one hand I feel like six months is such a short period of time and that she was just born! But, then I think, whoa...that's half a year...in this same amount of time she'll be turning ONE...YIKES! If I were teaching school I would be getting ready for MAP (state testing) testing and spring break. The end of the school year would be within reach and I'd be planning my summer off. The difference a year can make is unfathomable sometimes!
Sophia had her doctor's visit last week and she is still growing up healthy and strong! Charlie and I really like her pediatrician. We weren't really sure at first and we went through some times where we considered changing docs and half-heartedly looked around and consulted others. However, we're both very glad that we stuck with her current doc. He is extremely knowledgeable, understanding, and realistic! He doesn't pressure us to get vaccines that he thinks are unnecessary and he will talk at length with us about questions or concerns. I never feel rushed or pushed out of the office and that is a very good thing!
Sophia now weighs 17lbs 12 oz and measures 27.5" in height. She slowed down her growth spurt only a bit since the last visit but is still in the 90th percentile for height, 70th for weight, and 50th for head size. We got some pointers on how to transition to other foods like veggies and even talked about introducing juice. He told us that he wasn't real sold on the idea of juice b/c water is just as healthy, but Sophia pretty much refuses to drink water. I would like to keep trying, though. Honestly, I don't know if she'll like juice much better! She absolutely refused to drink the Pedialyte we had to give her a few months ago. I am sure juice is sweeter than that, but still, I wonder!
The doc continued to laugh and comment on how friendly and strong our girl was and even went so far as to say that he's seen 18month olds that aren't as social. Ha! Have we got our hands full or what?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment