Aunt Cathy with one pooped pumpkin!
The Egg Hunters showing off their booty!We hosted Charlie's family for a late Easter brunch this weekend (Greek Easter isn't until the end of April, so there is still more fun to be had!) It was nice to have everyone together and the weather outside turned out to be a bit warmer than anticipated!
Charlie and I set up an egg hunt for the kiddos and sadly Sophia decided it was nap time during this time, but she wasn't going to do much hunting anyway. I was disappointed though that I didn't get a group shot with her included, but maybe next year!
It was a very busy afternoon with all the kids hunting, eating and playing. The adults laughed and chatted with each other and a good time was most definitely had by all! I will say, though, that after everyone left is when I had my greatest parent epiphany.
Both Charlie and I have had to do some adjusting to our new lives as parents, but by far, the hardest thing so far was the fact that when everyone left yesterday and all the dishes were cleaned and the dishwasher packed, the only thing I wanted to do was lay down, and I couldn't. Charlie and I just looked at each other, both with exhaustion painted across our faces and could only giggle when we looked at Sophia who was a smile from ear to ear and happily bouncing in her exer-saucer. Hmmm, no napping for us and for a girl who really cherishes her sleepy time, this is the worst part of parenthood! Oh well, that smile is worth every minute I give up!

No comments:
Post a Comment