Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy girl at Baby Boot Camp

I could just sit here all day in this funny little hat.



It was the rainiest St. Patrick's Day on record here in KC and it was dreary all day! It would have been nice to go to the parade, but it was just too wet and yucky...maybe next year!
I'd also like to send out a happy birthday to my dear friend Kathleen who is filled with the luck of the Irish on this particular day! And whom should be very thankful that the pictures I spend a long time scanning into my trusty computer just wouldn't work right! :)
I had a great time flipping through old pictures and reminiscing about all our times together. Kathleen, her husband Carl, and daughter Lily are getting ready to head back to the Midwest soon from Baltimore and we can't be more excited! Charlie is already thinking about how to plan our driving trips to visit them depending upon their final destination (it's between St. Louis and Iowa City and they will find out SOON!) and I'm just thrilled that they'll actually be within driving distance! Woo hoo! Kathleen, my personal favorite picture that would have been number one on this blog, had it worked, was an oldie but a goodie from our long ago trip to the St. Louis zoo. It shows Carl leaning out of the hippo's mouth, Sarah and me on top of the hippo, and your little ol' head and one foot dangling from a hole in the beast's belly. I'll have to get you a copy! I hope you all had a great day!




2 comments:

Kathleen said...

As luck would have it, I have that picture as well. Where it is at this point, I truly don't know. I think it was my good fortune that your computer didn't seem to want to accept that scan! But I do have the one of us in pjs standing in front of a dorm door (yours or mine??) with drawn pictures of us in the same pjs...classic.

Tori said...

Oh I remember that! Was it one of our theme parties or just us being, well us? Could be either!