Sunday, March 9, 2008

On the Road to Capn' Crunch

Things have been a bit crazy around the ol' Hirner Household lately, so I've been a bit lax in updating the blog, but I feel that these latest pictures are well worth the wait!

Yesterday we began feeding Sophia cereal. I must admit that I did indeed put this off for as long as possible. I put it off mainly because I am on the go so much and I knew that once the "real" eating began I would be much more housebound. Now of course I want what's best for my child, but until the last few days she has been completely satisfied by her bottles. I always told Charlie that as soon as she longed for more I would give in...well long she did! She started having days where the bottle wouldn't satisfy and we'd have to refill, it wasn't every day and it certainly wasn't every feeding but when it happened at least once for two days in a row I figured it was time.

We waited for the weekend, because I really did want Charlie to see this first time as I assumed it would be pretty cute and entertaining. We only fixed 1 T but she sucked it down and them drank the rest of the bottle too. She couldn't eat it fast enough and would suck, lick and hold the spoon in her mouth. I literally had to wrestle it away from her just so I could put more cereal on it!

She didn't get as messy as I anticipated and she ate much better than I anticipated so all in all it was a great experience had by all. Charlie and I laughed through the whole thing and managed to capture a few precious moments along the way!


Footnote: I have now tried for two days to upload my photos and it keeps giving me an error message...ARG! I will go ahead and post this and keep trying to get the pictures up! Sorry, guys! Look again soon for adorable pics (hopefully!).

No comments: