Sunday, May 19, 2013

Off to Murray's...Finally!





So my very favorite ice cream place in all the world is called Murray's.  It's a local business that has been making it's own homemade ice cream and cookies for something like 30 years.  It's only open March to November, Wed-Sundays.  So, since every year it opens I'm usually in the middle of fasting for Lent, I was so happy to have finally made it down there last week!  Since Easter (May 5), I think I've been there 4 times...considering it's about 25 minutes away, I consider this to border on excessive, especially since I've brought things homes with me each time. ;)

Like any good mother, I've trained my children to appreciate those things in life I also appreciate and they have followed in my footsteps to appreciate quality ice cream.  They were also thrilled to have finally arrived for the season.  The last picture really epitomizes the experience I think.  Who says "cheese" when you can just say "ice cream"!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That ice cream looks good! Strangely my 4 year old wants nothing to do with ice cream. I don't understand it at all.

Thanks for the comment on the blog too! We don't know how long we'll be in Australia. Hopefully we'll be there by the end of July.

I need your email or something so I can get ahold of you. We're driving through Kansas City a couple times this summer and it would be fun to see you.

Ellyn said...

Ahh, I recall our trip there last year. Good stuff!